South Bay News
Salinas company involved in second lettuce recall
SALINAS, Calif. (KGO) -- A Bay Area company, is now the latest to issue a voluntarily recall of its bagged salads, after a lettuce sample tested positive for listeria.
As of right now, River Ranch Fresh Foods of Salinas says none of the produce in question was sold, here in California. There were 2,100 cases that were distributed in Ohio, Pennsylvania and Iowa.
The iceberg lettuce was sold under the store brand names:
Hy-Vee salads and Giant Eagle's "Farmers Market." The bags are stamped with a use by date of October 14th.
Monday's recall is the second involving a Salinas company within the past month.
salinas, food, south bay news
- Hearing produces new details, video of Asiana crash
- PG&E removes pipe involved in Oakland gas leak
- Toys for Tots donations really low this year
- Memorial takes place in SF to honor Mandela
- Man shot by deputy may be "Cotton Ball Bandit"
- Huy Fong Foods halting Sriracha sauce shipments
- Teen given probation in DUI crash that killed four
- Mother releases video of daughter killed in Sandy Hook shooting
- Facebook to join S&P 500
- Volkswagen to end production of iconic 'Kombi' vans
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- abcnews: First lady's glare seen round the world
- roundup: Warehouse fire; Mandela memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos