South Bay News
Police seek suspect in fatal shooting of teen
MILPITAS, Calif. -- Police in Milpitas are still trying to identify suspects in a teenager's shooting death early Saturday, police said.
At 1:08 a.m. on Saturday, police responded to reports of gunfire in the 400 block of Chestnut Avenue.
When officers arrived, they found David Benavidez, 18, of Milpitas, suffering from a gunshot wound. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Milpitas police are asking anyone with information about the shooting to call investigators at (408) 586-2400, or (408) 586-2500 for anonymous tips.
shooting, milpitas, south bay news
- SF 'landlords from hell' plead guilty to felonies
- Coast Guard rescues 4 people along San Mateo coast
- More victims in SF say teen girls robbed them
- Police enforce pedestrian safety with sting operation
- IT tech charged with stealing $400,000 in equipment
- Dog that killed 6-year-old boy euthanized
- ABC7 Top Scholar: Michael Yu
- Woman receives $130 billion FasTrack bill
- SF LGBT film festival marks 37 years amid SCOTUS rulings
- SF couple uses Task Rabbit, Airbnb apps for profit
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder George Zimmer
- abcnews: Pope invites Down syndrome teen for a spin
- roundup: Potrero Hill stabbing; BART review
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday