South Bay News
Police seek suspect in fatal shooting of teen
MILPITAS, Calif. -- Police in Milpitas are still trying to identify suspects in a teenager's shooting death early Saturday, police said.
At 1:08 a.m. on Saturday, police responded to reports of gunfire in the 400 block of Chestnut Avenue.
When officers arrived, they found David Benavidez, 18, of Milpitas, suffering from a gunshot wound. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Milpitas police are asking anyone with information about the shooting to call investigators at (408) 586-2400, or (408) 586-2500 for anonymous tips.
shooting, milpitas, south bay news
- 1 dead, 2 injured in Redwood City boating accident
- Mother, child killed in San Francisco fire
- San Francisco officials plan to crack down on "420"
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest
- Serious accident on Almaden Expressway in San Jose 49 min ago
- Possible explosive prompts evacuations in Solvang
- Firetruck rams California eatery; 15 injured
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Man accused of killing Sierra LaMar appears in court
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Angels beat A's 5-4 on Iannetta's HR in 12th
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Hammer beating; SF "420" crackdown 27 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
18 min ago