South Bay News
Police seek suspect in fatal shooting of teen
MILPITAS, Calif. -- Police in Milpitas are still trying to identify suspects in a teenager's shooting death early Saturday, police said.
At 1:08 a.m. on Saturday, police responded to reports of gunfire in the 400 block of Chestnut Avenue.
When officers arrived, they found David Benavidez, 18, of Milpitas, suffering from a gunshot wound. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Milpitas police are asking anyone with information about the shooting to call investigators at (408) 586-2400, or (408) 586-2500 for anonymous tips.
shooting, milpitas, south bay news
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway 59 min ago
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing 57 min ago
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Stockton port officials happy to receive Google barge
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Isaiah Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- Astronauts discuss impact of social media in space
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno...
57 min ago