South Bay News
Police investigate sexual assault of motel housekeeper
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. -- A 49-year-old female housekeeper was sexually assaulted at a Mountain View motel on Sunday, according to police.
The assault occurred shortly before noon on Sunday at the Tropicana Lodge, where the victim works as a housekeeper, police said.
The victim was cleaning a room when the suspect came in and asked her to come next door to his room to look at something. She complied after the suspect insisted that he needed her to come with him, police said.
Once they were at the doorway of his room, the suspect shoved the victim inside and shut the door behind them, police said. He blocked the door to prevent her from leaving, and started to hug and kiss the victim against her will, according to police.
Police said the suspect exposed his penis to the victim and repeatedly asked her to have sex with him.
As he was fiddling with either a belt or button around his waist, the victim shoved him and ran out of the room. She hid in a neighboring empty room where she called 911 and reported the assault to the front clerk, police said.
The suspect checked out of the room soon after the assault and left before officers arrived.
He was described as a white man in his 20s, of medium height and build. He has blonde hair and was wearing blue jeans.
The victim, who lives in Mountain View, was not injured, according to police.
Detectives are investigating the crime and ask anyone with information to call the Police Department at (650) 903-6344. Callers may remain anonymous.
mountain view, crime, south bay news
- I-5 bridge collapses into Washington's Skagit River
- Preliminary 5.7 earthquake hits Northern California
- New details released in police officers' murders
- Bicyclist killed in accident with garbage truck in SF
- Gov. Brown keeps pressing climate change crusade
- Video: America's Cup teams practice on San...
- TIME publishes Obama prom photo, yearbook message
- Caltrans shows fix for broken Bay Bridge bolts
- Oakland's real estate market heats up
- Hundreds of officers attend little girl's graduation
- Ohio kidnap case hero gets free McDonald's food
- abcnews: New bill would allow pets on Amtrak
- roundup: BART bike vote; Gov. climate change
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos