South Bay News
Soldier from San Jose dies in Afghanistan
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- A soldier from San Jose was killed this week while stationed in Afghanistan, according to the Department of Defense.
Spc. Sean Walsh was killed by indirect fire in the Khowst province of Afghanistan on Wednesday.
The Department of Defense says the 21-year-old Army soldier, who was listed as a military police officer, was attached to the 185th Military Police Battalion based out of Pittsburg.
war, army, afghanistan, south bay news
- 1 dead, 2 injured in Redwood City boating accident 16 min ago
- Mother, child killed in San Francisco fire
- San Francisco officials plan to crack down on "420"
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Sandoval's single lifts Giants past Dodgers, 2-1
- Man accused of killing Sierra LaMar appears in court
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Oakland A's ready to sign lease at O.co Coliseum
- Crawford's 41 points leads Warriors over Nuggets
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014 35 min ago
- San Jose Sharks holding rally to kick off playoff run 39 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos