South Bay News
Soldier from San Jose dies in Afghanistan
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- A soldier from San Jose was killed this week while stationed in Afghanistan, according to the Department of Defense.
Spc. Sean Walsh was killed by indirect fire in the Khowst province of Afghanistan on Wednesday.
The Department of Defense says the 21-year-old Army soldier, who was listed as a military police officer, was attached to the 185th Military Police Battalion based out of Pittsburg.
war, army, afghanistan, south bay news
- Man impaled, killed by pipe through windshield
- Richmond postpones suing Chevron over refinery fire
- Officials: All accounted for after Oklahoma tornado
- Cause of grass fire in San Jose under investigation
- Safety recommendations released for America's Cup
- Immigrant families disappointed by Feinstein's vote
- Surprise sting targets passenger vehicles at SFO
- Super Bowl 50 bid committee returns to Bay Area
- 'Attractive & Fat' campaign slams Abercrombie & Fitch
- Man makes firearm using 3-D printer
- Homeless woman defies odds, graduates from UOP
- abcnews: Top 10 highest-paid CEOs
- roundup: Crissy Field art; Richmond shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos