South Bay News
Three-alarm fire burns four apartments in Cupertino
CUPERTINO, Calif. (KGO) -- A large apartment fire quickly grew to three alarms in Cupertino Saturday night.
The fire was first reported at an apartment building on Homestead Road around 6:15 p.m. Saturday. Mutual aid was called in from neighboring cities to help battle the blaze.
At least four apartments burned. Firefighters were ordered out of all four units when a portion of the roof collapsed.
The cause of the fire is not yet known.
fire, cupertino, south bay news
- Teen survives flight from SJC to Hawaii in wheel well 29 min ago
- PG&E to be arraigned in fatal San Bruno blast
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- Barricaded man taken into custody in San Jose
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration in SF
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Posey, Lincecum lead San Francisco Giants to 4-3 win
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal shooting in Concord; Piedmont landslide
- Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
26 min ago