South Bay News
Woman arrested for Black Friday hammer attack
SAN JOSE -- A woman was arrested after she attacked a man with a hammer at a San Jose Macy's store on Black Friday, according to police.
The attack occurred around 9:05 a.m. at the Oakridge Mall on Thornwood Drive, police said.
Police said the woman struck the victim, a man she did not know, twice in the head then threw the hammer at him when he fled.
The victim was transported to a hospital with injuries that were not considered life-threatening.
Officers arrested the woman and booked her into Santa Clara County Jail, where she underwent a psychiatric evaluation.
Police said the attack was unprovoked and that the woman may suffer from a mental illness.
macy's, black friday, crime, san jose, south bay news
- Only On 7: In-depth look into the life of drug dealers
- Premature baby has hope of going home by Christmas 4 min ago
- Child support helpline takes callers to sex hotline
- Driver arrested for DUI after fiery I-580 crash 44 min ago
- Police interview potential victims of Livermore golf pro
- Arrests made in "thrill kill" of 7-11 clerk in Milpitas
- Startup sells insurance based on how much you drive
- Tracking the flu -- there's an app for that!
- Federal mediator sitting down with BART, unions
- VIRAL VIDEO: Teen sings 'Blue Christmas'...
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- Winter Spare the Air called through Friday
- roundup: High-speed chase; Vallejo homicides
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday