South Bay News
Woman arrested for Black Friday hammer attack
SAN JOSE -- A woman was arrested after she attacked a man with a hammer at a San Jose Macy's store on Black Friday, according to police.
The attack occurred around 9:05 a.m. at the Oakridge Mall on Thornwood Drive, police said.
Police said the woman struck the victim, a man she did not know, twice in the head then threw the hammer at him when he fled.
The victim was transported to a hospital with injuries that were not considered life-threatening.
Officers arrested the woman and booked her into Santa Clara County Jail, where she underwent a psychiatric evaluation.
Police said the attack was unprovoked and that the woman may suffer from a mental illness.
macy's, black friday, crime, san jose, south bay news
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos