South Bay News
Woman arrested for Black Friday hammer attack
SAN JOSE -- A woman was arrested after she attacked a man with a hammer at a San Jose Macy's store on Black Friday, according to police.
The attack occurred around 9:05 a.m. at the Oakridge Mall on Thornwood Drive, police said.
Police said the woman struck the victim, a man she did not know, twice in the head then threw the hammer at him when he fled.
The victim was transported to a hospital with injuries that were not considered life-threatening.
Officers arrested the woman and booked her into Santa Clara County Jail, where she underwent a psychiatric evaluation.
Police said the attack was unprovoked and that the woman may suffer from a mental illness.
macy's, black friday, crime, san jose, south bay news
- President Obama renews calls for nuclear reductions
- BART police chief bringing auditor to assess reforms 44 min ago
- Fairfield grass fire spreads to nearby motel
- Tenderloin apartment building roof fire extinguished
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder, pitchman Zimmer 17 min ago
- Tesla Model S recall for rear seat latch issue
- Interest rates for subsidized loans may double July 1
- Workers face charges after sit-in at AT&T Park
- Medical association recognizes obesity as a disease 33 min ago
- Fire burns 50 acres in Benicia
- 6-year-old boy killed by dog in Union City
- abcnews: $73,000 'Most Spectacular' dog vacation
- roundup: Fairfield grass fire; SJ baseball suit 54 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday