South Bay News
Occupy Santa Cruz protesters create barricade
SANTA CRUZ, Calif. (KGO) -- In Santa Cruz police are re-thinking their options after an unsuccessful attempt to clear Occupy protesters out of a vacant building.
Thirty officers in riot gear tried to clear the Old Coast Commercial Bank building last night. But, demonstrators had barricaded it from the inside. Protesters linked arms, shouted and moved towards police. Officers pulled back to avoid a confrontation. Nobody was hurt.
santa cruz, uc santa cruz, occupy wall street, protest, budget cuts, school cuts, south bay news
- Mega Millions winning ticket sold in San Jose
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- SFPD search underway for suspects in ATM heist 31 min ago
- Woman dies after tweeting about working for 30 hours
- Big Sur fire burns 550 acres; 5 percent contained
- New tech honcho for Obama health care website
- Teen burned on bus to be honored by school team
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Deaf dad gets to hear daughter sing
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure vote; Vallejo PD raise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
23 min ago