South Bay News
Teen shot to death near Watsonville
SANTA CRUZ, Calif. -- A 14-year-old boy was shot and killed in Santa Cruz County near Watsonville on Saturday night, according to the sheriff's office.
Deputies were dispatched to a report of a shooting in the 400 block of Hecker Pass Road at about 8:15 p.m., the Santa Cruz County Sheriff's Office said.
Arriving officers found two boys, both 14 years old, suffering gunshot wounds.
Both victims were taken to Watsonville Community Hospital, where one boy died from his injury, according to the sheriff's office.
The second victim was treated and released.
Detectives believe the shooting was gang related.
Anyone who might have information regarding the crime is asked to contact the Santa Cruz County Sheriff's Office at (831) 454-2311.
watsonville, shooting, crime, south bay news
- Elderly man detained in NKorea reunited with family
- Freeze Warning in place for most of the Bay Area
- Court records show MLB denied A's move to San Jose
- Snow, sleet, ice hit large swath of United States
- Stanford Rose Bowl-bound after beating ASU
- Batkid returns to SF for Make-A-Wish fundraiser
- Thompson has 30 and Warriors top Grizzlies 108-82
- Deputy who fatally shot Andy Lopez to return to work
- 5 displaced in two-alarm apartment fire in Alameda
- Winter Spare the Air Alert issued for Sunday, Dec. 8
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday