South Bay News
Couple accused of rental fraud in San Jose
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- A South Bay couple are in custody after being accused of rent fraud.
Timothy August and Monica Perretta are charged with multiple counts of theft by false pretenses and passing bad checks.
Police in San Jose say they swindled landlords out of tens of thousands of dollars in rental income by renting homes with no intention of paying rent and then stalling the eviction process as long as possible.
The couple is suspected of carrying out the fraud in at least six locations, resulting in a windfall of around $30,000 in unpaid rent.
san jose, fraud, south bay news
- Man killed after metal pipe crashes into car on I-580 15 min ago
- Obama to visit tornado-ravaged Oklahoma town 57 min ago
- Passenger vehicles face surprise inspections at SFO 52 min ago
- Deputies monitoring PG&E substation in San Jose 35 min ago
- UK official: London attack could be terror-related
- FBI: Man fatally shot in Boston bombing probe
- 49ers fear Michael Crabtree has torn Achilles 30 min ago
- IRS official Lois Lerner: I did nothing wrong 44 min ago
- Events planned to mark Harvey Milk Day 25 min ago
- Garcetti elected Los Angeles mayor over Greuel 9 min ago
- Rankings released of best and worst airlines
- abcnews: Top 10 highest-paid CEOs 13 min ago
- roundup: Boy nearly run-over; Oklahoma aid
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Obama to visit tornado-ravaged Oklahoma town
57 min ago