South Bay News
Part of Oakridge Mall evacuated for hazmat situation
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- A section of Oakridge Mall in San Jose has been evacuated Friday afternoon because of a report of a hazardous vapor from cleaning materials in a bathroom, a fire department spokesman said.
The incident was reported at 2 p.m. at the movie theater on the second floor of the mall at 925 Blossom Hill Road, fire spokesman Mike Van Elgort said.
Cleaning products in the bathroom apparently combined to create a dangerous vapor, causing authorities to evacuate the entire second floor of the mall, Van Elgort said.
A moviegoer was transported to a hospital for minor respiratory injuries from the vapor, he said.
Santa Clara County and San Jose hazardous materials teams were at the scene as of shortly after 3 p.m. to investigate and eliminate the hazard, Van Elgort said.
san jose, hazmat, south bay news
- BART, union leaders reach new contract deal
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday 27 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
29 min ago