South Bay News
Winning Mega Millions ticket sold in San Jose
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- For one California Lottery player, the ticket to a great 2012 is already in his or her possession. According to lottery officials, someone who purchased a ticket in San Jose won nearly $223,000 in Friday night's MEGA Millions draw.
The winning ticket matched five of six numbers in the draw and was sold at the Rotten Robbie at 1555 Saratoga Avenue in San Jose. Lottery officials said that the ticket matched the numbers 45, 24, 52, 4 and 46 - missing only the Mega number of 1. Lottery winners should sign the back of their ticket, keep tickets in a safe place and contact lottery officials or visit their local lottery district office as soon as possible. Winners have 180 days from the date of the draw to claim prizes. MEGA Millions is a multistate game played in California and 41 other states plus the District of Columbia and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
lottery, san jose, south bay news
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Two injured in two-alarm fire in San Jose
- Accident cleared from EB lanes of the Bay Bridge
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Cal housing vote; Candlestick soccer 41 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday