South Bay News
60-year-old man shot to death in Gilroy
GILROY, Calif. -- A man in his 60s was found dead inside a home in unincorporated Gilroy Saturday morning when Santa Clara County sheriff's deputies were investigating a reported shooting, a sheriff's spokesman said.
The shooting apparently occurred shortly after 9 a.m. at a home in the 2700 block of Leavesley Road and was reported by a 911 call, Sgt. Jose Cardoza said.
Responding deputies found the deceased man inside the home, and Cardoza said the man died of apparent gunshot wounds. The official cause of death has yet to be determined by the Santa Clara County medical examiner's office.
Cardoza said a motive for the homicide has not been identified.
"Two suspects were seen leaving the area in dark clothing," he said. Both men wore facial coverings resembling ski masks and were seen running north on Leavesley Road, according to Cardoza.
gilroy, santa clara county, crime, shooting, south bay news
- Memorial takes place in SF to honor Mandela
- Four-alarm warehouse fire in Concord investigated
- Elevator company cited in death at Levi's Stadium
- Bay Area freeze extends longer than expected
- Bank robbery suspect shot near mall in San Rafael
- NTSB: Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- Amazon grocery delivery rolls into San Francisco 33 min ago
- MLB intends to ban plate collisions 54 min ago
- Spotify launches free mobile streaming service
- IKEA recalls lamp following death of child 43 min ago
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- abcnews: First lady's glare seen round the world 30 min ago
- roundup: Rollover crash victim; Vallejo homicide
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday