South Bay News
30-year-old woman wins California lottery
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. (KGO) -- A Bay Area woman, who miraculously awoke from a two-month-long coma two years ago, has another reason for feeling blessed.
Emily Leach is California's newest lottery millionaire. The 30-year-old won the big prize over the weekend, when she bought $40 in tickets at a Mountain View liquor store.
"I started bawling, I was crying so bad, and I called my mom and she thought I had been in a car accident. I said mom please get over here right now, I don't know what to do. She said sign the back of the ticket, so I signed the ticket and I locked myself in my car until my mom and my grandma came up," said Leach.
Leach is no stranger to winning the lottery-- she won $5,000 right before Christmas. Leach says she'll use the money to pay off her medical bills and take her family on a trip.
mountain view, lottery, south bay news
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Stockton port officials happy to receive Google barge
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Isaiah Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos