South Bay News
30-year-old woman wins California lottery
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. (KGO) -- A Bay Area woman, who miraculously awoke from a two-month-long coma two years ago, has another reason for feeling blessed.
Emily Leach is California's newest lottery millionaire. The 30-year-old won the big prize over the weekend, when she bought $40 in tickets at a Mountain View liquor store.
"I started bawling, I was crying so bad, and I called my mom and she thought I had been in a car accident. I said mom please get over here right now, I don't know what to do. She said sign the back of the ticket, so I signed the ticket and I locked myself in my car until my mom and my grandma came up," said Leach.
Leach is no stranger to winning the lottery-- she won $5,000 right before Christmas. Leach says she'll use the money to pay off her medical bills and take her family on a trip.
mountain view, lottery, south bay news
- War vet Merrill Newman lands at SFO Saturday 41 min ago
- Nelson Mandela family: 'We have lost a great man' 31 min ago
- Water main break floods Castro Valley neighborhood
- Four people in the South Bay die due to cold weather
- Cal students led move toward divestment
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- Local schools race to keep up with technology
- Man suspected of throwing 2 cats into bay arrested
- Make-A-Wish, Macy's team up to help Daly City girl
- New option studied for treating back pain
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Teen struck in crosswalk; EPA shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday