South Bay News
30-year-old woman wins California lottery
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. (KGO) -- A Bay Area woman, who miraculously awoke from a two-month-long coma two years ago, has another reason for feeling blessed.
Emily Leach is California's newest lottery millionaire. The 30-year-old won the big prize over the weekend, when she bought $40 in tickets at a Mountain View liquor store.
"I started bawling, I was crying so bad, and I called my mom and she thought I had been in a car accident. I said mom please get over here right now, I don't know what to do. She said sign the back of the ticket, so I signed the ticket and I locked myself in my car until my mom and my grandma came up," said Leach.
Leach is no stranger to winning the lottery-- she won $5,000 right before Christmas. Leach says she'll use the money to pay off her medical bills and take her family on a trip.
mountain view, lottery, south bay news
- Damage reported after 5.7 quake in Greenville 38 min ago
- I-5 bridge collapse raises Bay Area safety questions 15 min ago
- Bay Area man arrested for killing relatives abroad 23 min ago
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Millions to hit the roads this Memorial Day weekend 34 min ago
- BART board votes to relax rush hour bike ban
- Man exposes himself outside of hospital in SF
- Rare Apple computer could fetch $640k at auction 48 min ago
- Magnitude 8.2 earthquake hits Russia's Far East
- New info released about robbery in Santa Rosa
- Clayton resident ID'd as bicyclist killed in SF
- abcnews: New bill would allow pets on Amtrak
- roundup: Bicyclist killed in SF; Body in canal ID'd
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- This week's Perfect pet 'Francis'
12 min ago