South Bay News
Woman falls from medical building in San Jose
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- A woman who was working as a photographer at Santa Clara Valley Medical Center in San Jose Thursday morning was injured when she fell from a building, a fire dispatcher said.
The fire department responded to the hospital at 751 South Bascom Ave. at 9:19 a.m.
Hospital spokeswoman Joy Alexiou said the woman was a contractor working with the hospital as a photographer.
She estimated the fall was between 10 and 15 feet, and said the woman is in stable condition, conscious and expected to recover. She is being treated at the medical center.
Alexiou said she does not yet know the circumstances of the fall.
san jose, falls, south bay news
- Bay to Breakers draws thousands to San Francisco
- Tejay van Garderen wins Tour of California
- Two Powerball tickets in Calif. have 5 of 6 numbers
- NFL set to vote if Bay Area will host Super Bowl
- 2 men arrested in killing teen over iPad in Las Vegas
- Girl killed, parents hurt by shots fired into home
- Child injured in fall from second-story window in SF
- Emergency officials monitor Wichita-area tornado 2 min ago
- Warriors PG Stephen Curry set to receive key to city 16 min ago
- SF police ask for help in solving 2012 B2B homicide
- US gas prices up 11 cents over past 2 weeks
- abcnews: Men Struggle With Wives' Breast Cancer
- roundup: Fairfield shooting; Redwood City fire 41 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos