South Bay News
Woman falls from medical building in San Jose
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- A woman who was working as a photographer at Santa Clara Valley Medical Center in San Jose Thursday morning was injured when she fell from a building, a fire dispatcher said.
The fire department responded to the hospital at 751 South Bascom Ave. at 9:19 a.m.
Hospital spokeswoman Joy Alexiou said the woman was a contractor working with the hospital as a photographer.
She estimated the fall was between 10 and 15 feet, and said the woman is in stable condition, conscious and expected to recover. She is being treated at the medical center.
Alexiou said she does not yet know the circumstances of the fall.
san jose, falls, south bay news
- Daly City medical building shooting suspect arrested
- One injured in apartment fire near San Jose State 45 min ago
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes 1 min ago
- 'Legends of Candlestick' to return for final game
- Afghanistan hospital guard kills three American doctors
- 2 arrested for murder of pet sitter in East Oakland 6 min ago
- Batteries in baby video monitors recalled
- Scientists locate 19th century steamship in SF Bay
- State senators get ethics training after scandals
- 5-year-old Oakland boy shot in eye with paintball gun
- Six Flags welcoms first seal pup born at park in 8 years 49 min ago
- Actor dressed as homeless man fools New Yorkers 8 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Muni bus fire; Hiker rescued 13 min ago