South Bay News
Manufacturer 'Flextronics' moving to San Jose
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- Solar panel manufacturer Flextronics is moving from Milpitas to San Jose in the latest tech expansion from the Silicon Valley.
Flextronics announced it will move 5,000 workers to offices in America Center. The company needs more space to expand and that is becoming harder to find in the Silicon Valley.
Other companies are also making the move. Dell and Polycom are leasing space in nearby Santa Clara.
Flextronics will keep its local manufacturing in Milpitas.
milpitas, san jose, silicon valley, south bay news
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- More bodies found inside South Korean ferry
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- $14M awarded in suit linking contraceptive, stroke
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday