South Bay News
Manufacturer 'Flextronics' moving to San Jose
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- Solar panel manufacturer Flextronics is moving from Milpitas to San Jose in the latest tech expansion from the Silicon Valley.
Flextronics announced it will move 5,000 workers to offices in America Center. The company needs more space to expand and that is becoming harder to find in the Silicon Valley.
Other companies are also making the move. Dell and Polycom are leasing space in nearby Santa Clara.
Flextronics will keep its local manufacturing in Milpitas.
milpitas, san jose, silicon valley, south bay news
- Protesters vacate CCSF building, head to city hall
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport
- Bay Bridge bike path temporarily closed for work 11 min ago
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police
- Vehicle runs over gas line, hits SJ DMV building
- Uber announces new insurance policy for drivers
- Manhunt on for Bay Area ATM robber
- Outkast, The Cure to headline BottleRock in Napa
- Quiznos files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection
- Group says GM airbag failures caused 303 deaths 4 min ago
- Bay Area kids look to strike gold on ABC's 'Shark Tank' 23 min ago
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Uber insurance policy; BottleRock lineup
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday 16 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
12 min ago
- Search for lost jet expands amid signs it...
46 min ago
- Bay Bridge bike path temporarily closed for...
11 min ago
- Bay Area kids look to strike gold on ABC's...
23 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos