South Bay News
BART's San Jose extension to get $20M more
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- BART's expansion plans to San Jose are on track to receive $250 million in federal funds. Our media partner, the Mercury News, reports that the amount is $20 million more than local officials expected.
It is the first infusion of $900 million in federal funding and is expected to get final approval March 12th.
The $2 billion extension would run from Fremont to the Berryessa area of San Jose. It could open as soon as 2016.
san jose, south bay news
- Manager reveals details of teen's stowaway survival
- Man punches neighbor whose house caught on fire
- SFPD to crack down on violators for pedestrian safety
- Sex offender grabs girl from parents in Berkeley
- Pedestrian critically injured in accident in SF
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
- Images released of shipwreck in San Francisco Bay 4 min ago
- Free health clinic in SF and Oakland this week
- Young Oakland boy shot in the eye with paintball gun
- VIRAL VIDEO OF THE DAY: Record-breaking jump 22 min ago
- 3-alarm fire burns three homes in San Francisco
- South Korea ferry toll hits 156 as search gets tougher
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Murder-for-hire plot; East Bay parks plan