South Bay News
SJSU keeping admission preference for locals
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- San Jose State University officials say they will continue to stand by a promise to give favor local students in admissions.
Officials had considered last week to end the advantage given to South Bay students to deal with state budget cuts. It would have affected some 1,400 South Bay high school graduates and community college transfers. But, campus leaders backed off on the plan - after two days of meetings.
san jose, SJSU, south bay news
- Stolen European passports on missing plane 12 min ago
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire