South Bay News
3 people save man from burning car
SUNNYVALE, Calif. (KGO) -- Three people in Sunnyvale risked their lives Monday night to save the life of a stranger after his car burst into flames.
It happened around 7 p.m. on Hollenbeck Avenue. Those who rushed to the rescue say a man's car hit a tree and a fire quickly ignited under the hood. Witnesses say the driver was struggling to get out of the car, but was trapped.
"He seemed frantic. I was afraid someone was hurt. The car was already on fire. Only the engine, pretty much. I rushed towards the person, by that time two gentlemen had helped him out of the car. Everyone's safe and everyone's unharmed. Police did an exceptional job taking it under control," said a witness.
There's no word yet on what caused the driver to slam into the tree.
sunnyvale, rescue, fire, south bay news
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket 52 min ago
- Family to hold prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Bay Bridge bolt fix running a month behind schedule
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water 5 min ago
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions 47 min ago
- Hero guide dog assured good home after NY rescue
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Rescued paralyzed dog comforts siblings with autism
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events 48 min ago
- roundup: Stolen ATM recovered; SF shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
10 min ago
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car...
47 min ago
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning...
52 min ago
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
5 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos