South Bay News
Search suspended for missing mom after murder-suicide
GILROY, Calif. (KGO) -- The search has been suspended for the mother of an Iraq War veteran suspected of killing his little sister and then himself.
Martha Gutierrez hasn't been seen since authorities discovered the bodies of her 11-year old daughter, Lucero, and 27-year old son, specialist Abel Gutierrez.
Family and friends say they won't stop looking for the missing mom unitl they find her. Search crews found no signs of her Saturday.
Relatives say specialist Gutierrez was suffering from post traumatic stress disorder.
Specialist Gutierrez did two tours in the Middle East. A Washington National Guard spokesperson said the last tour was voluntary. It was also learned that he took part in a military training exercise just this month.
Based on evidence found in his car, police believe Gutierrez may have shot his mother and left her for dead somewhere.
Anyone with information about the crime or the whereabouts of Martha Gutierrez is asked to call the Gilroy Police Department at (408) 846-0350.
gilroy, murder, iraq war, missing person, south bay news
- Man ID'd in fatal boating accident in Redwood City
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Death penalty sought in killing of girl at sleepover
- Crews retrieving body that washed onto Lands End 40 min ago
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87 48 min ago
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- Two injured in accident on Almaden Expressway
- Chelsea Clinton expecting first child 22 min ago
- Military shell prompted evacuation of hundreds
- Water supply flushed after teen urinates into reservoir
- Mi Pueblo grocery stores submit bankruptcy plans
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: SF plastic bag ban; Boy killed in Antioch