South Bay News
Search suspended for missing mom after murder-suicide
GILROY, Calif. (KGO) -- The search has been suspended for the mother of an Iraq War veteran suspected of killing his little sister and then himself.
Martha Gutierrez hasn't been seen since authorities discovered the bodies of her 11-year old daughter, Lucero, and 27-year old son, specialist Abel Gutierrez.
Family and friends say they won't stop looking for the missing mom unitl they find her. Search crews found no signs of her Saturday.
Relatives say specialist Gutierrez was suffering from post traumatic stress disorder.
Specialist Gutierrez did two tours in the Middle East. A Washington National Guard spokesperson said the last tour was voluntary. It was also learned that he took part in a military training exercise just this month.
Based on evidence found in his car, police believe Gutierrez may have shot his mother and left her for dead somewhere.
Anyone with information about the crime or the whereabouts of Martha Gutierrez is asked to call the Gilroy Police Department at (408) 846-0350.
gilroy, murder, iraq war, missing person, south bay news
- SF officials prepare for 102nd Bay to Breakers race 50 min ago
- Albany residents protest return of Occupy activists
- Suspicious package in Livermore prompts evacuation
- Konig wins 7th stage, van Garderen retains lead
- Pacers knock out Knicks with 106-99 win in Game 6
- Milone's long skid ends as A's beat Royals 15 min ago
- Chatwood leads Rockies past Giants 10-2
- Teen dies after refusing to give iPad to thieves
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- San Jose man arrested for alleged road rage attack
- Miami Heat player surprises student at prom
- abcnews: Men Struggle With Wives' Breast Cancer
- roundup: America's Cup race; Murder charges
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday