South Bay News
Santa Cruz man arrested for child molestation
SANTA CRUZ, Calif. (KGO) -- Santa Cruz police have arrested a 42-year-old man on child molestation charges.
David Escobar of Scotts Valley was taken into custody Wednesday. Parents of a 14-year-old girl alerted police about possible inappropriate contact between her and Escobar.
Police learned Escobar not only texted the girl 3,800 times in one month, but also had sex with her in his car during her lunchtime.
Investigators are trying to find out if there are any additional local victims.
crime, santa cruz, south bay news
- Firefighters control 4-alarm fire in Concord 6 min ago
- Bay Area freeze extends longer than expected
- Protest gets heated for Santa Rosa teen shot
- Only On 7: SF kids describe obstacles in Tenderloin
- NTSB: Asiana captain worried about visual landing 13 min ago
- Memorial to take place in SF to honor Mandela 29 min ago
- Golf pro charged with sexually abusing boys
- Richmond police searching for young runaway sisters
- SF Giants pitcher inspired by Batkid to give
- Husband's tutu project gets T-Mobile's support
- Winter Spare the Air called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Obama poses for selfie at Mandela's memorial
- roundup: Oakland fire; Asiana crash hearing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday