South Bay News
Youth sports coach arrested on suspicion of assault
SUNNYVALE, Calif. -- A Sunnyvale man and youth sports coach was arrested Wednesday for allegedly sexually assaulting a 13-year-old girl, police said today.
Emanuele Fabrizio was arrested at his apartment Wednesday morning on suspicion of sexually assaulting and committing lewd acts with a minor.
The arrest came after a tip earlier this month from the victim's father, who was concerned about a relationship the teen was having with the longtime kids' sports coach, Capt. David Verbrugge said.
After conducting a search warrant of Fabrizio's home, police arrested him and booked him into Santa Clara County's main jail, where he remains on $1 million bail.
He was set to be arraigned this afternoon.
Verbrugge said detectives aren't sure whether Fabrizio has victimized other minors during his time as a coach in the Cupertino area.
The 36-year-old is not a registered sex offender, he said.
"He's been a youth coach for a while, so we don't know if there are any other victims but if there are, we'd like them to step forward," he said.
Anyone with more information related to the case is asked to call Detective Michael Mendoza at (408) 730-7130. Anyone wishing to leave an anonymous tip may do so via email at SVTIP@tipnow.org.
sunnyvale, south bay news
- Collapse feared at site of massive 5-alarm fire in SF
- FBI searching for Bay Area bombing suspect 59 min ago
- India says Malaysia seeking help in search for jet 2 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- Santa Cruz police arrest suspect in sexual assault
- Target apologizes for girl's bathing suit Photoshop fail 36 min ago
- Parents warned about new psychedelic drug 11 min ago
- Boat crashes into rocks near Oyster Point Marina 3 min ago
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Driver arrested after officer finds 128lbs of pot in van
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos