South Bay News
Youth sports coach arrested on suspicion of assault
SUNNYVALE, Calif. -- A Sunnyvale man and youth sports coach was arrested Wednesday for allegedly sexually assaulting a 13-year-old girl, police said today.
Emanuele Fabrizio was arrested at his apartment Wednesday morning on suspicion of sexually assaulting and committing lewd acts with a minor.
The arrest came after a tip earlier this month from the victim's father, who was concerned about a relationship the teen was having with the longtime kids' sports coach, Capt. David Verbrugge said.
After conducting a search warrant of Fabrizio's home, police arrested him and booked him into Santa Clara County's main jail, where he remains on $1 million bail.
He was set to be arraigned this afternoon.
Verbrugge said detectives aren't sure whether Fabrizio has victimized other minors during his time as a coach in the Cupertino area.
The 36-year-old is not a registered sex offender, he said.
"He's been a youth coach for a while, so we don't know if there are any other victims but if there are, we'd like them to step forward," he said.
Anyone with more information related to the case is asked to call Detective Michael Mendoza at (408) 730-7130. Anyone wishing to leave an anonymous tip may do so via email at SVTIP@tipnow.org.
sunnyvale, south bay news
- Family take legal steps to keep girl on life support 4 min ago
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Big Sur fire burns 550 acres; 5 percent contained
- Woman dies after tweeting about working for 30 hours
- Man accused of trying to throw wife off San Mateo Bridge
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- New tech honcho for Obama health care website
- Teen burned on bus to be honored by school team
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Deaf dad gets to hear daughter sing for...
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure vote; Vallejo PD raise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
36 min ago