South Bay News
Mountain View store sells lottery ticket worth $260,000
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. -- Although no one matched all six numbers in Friday night's MEGA Millions draw, one player from Mountain View -- along with six other California players -- won nearly $260,000 by matching five of six numbers, according to state lottery officials.
That no one won Friday also means the jackpot for Tuesday's drawing has grown to $356 million, the third largest MEGA Millions jackpot ever, lotto officials said.
The largest MEGA Millions jackpot ever won was $390 million in March 2007.
A ticket sold at a liquor store in Mountain View -- Liquor & Tobacco at 1040 N. Rengstorff Ave. -- is worth $259,269 for matching five of the six numbers, lotto officials said.
The winning numbers for the multistate game were 6-17-19-20-21 and a MEGA number of 20.
The other six winning tickets were sold in Los Angeles, Shasta, Stanislaus and Kern counties.
lottery, south bay news
- Freeze Warning expires; chilly temperatures remain
- World mourns death of Nelson Mandela
- Audit finds BART police make progress in reforms
- Shelter-in-place advisory lifted for Pittsburg residents
- Security guard captures driver who hit cop
- Bay Bridge lanes re-opened after multi-vehicle crash
- US unemployment falls to 7 pct. on 203K jobs added
- Judge refuses to block AA, US Airways merger
- Holiday Heroes event to help children in need
- Banksy mural fetches $209K at California auction
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: 5 unexpected facts about Nelson Mandela
- roundup: Teen struck in crosswalk; EPA shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos