South Bay News
16-year-old girl escapes kidnap attempt
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- Police are investigating the Friday evening attempted kidnapping of a 16-year-old girl from San Jose's Willow Glen neighborhood, a police spokesman said today.
Initial reports indicated that the girl was approached by an unknown man who was armed with a stun gun, San Jose police Officer Jose Garcia said.
The incident was reported at 5:25 p.m. Police have not said where in Willow Glen it occurred and are releasing few details about the case.
Garcia said there was no immediate indication that the incident is connected to the disappearance of Sierra LaMar, the 16-year-old Morgan Hill high school student who went missing on March 16, but said the case remains under investigation.
san jose, south bay news
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- More bodies found inside South Korean ferry
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- $14M awarded in suit linking contraceptive, stroke
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday