South Bay News
16-year-old girl escapes kidnap attempt
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- Police are investigating the Friday evening attempted kidnapping of a 16-year-old girl from San Jose's Willow Glen neighborhood, a police spokesman said today.
Initial reports indicated that the girl was approached by an unknown man who was armed with a stun gun, San Jose police Officer Jose Garcia said.
The incident was reported at 5:25 p.m. Police have not said where in Willow Glen it occurred and are releasing few details about the case.
Garcia said there was no immediate indication that the incident is connected to the disappearance of Sierra LaMar, the 16-year-old Morgan Hill high school student who went missing on March 16, but said the case remains under investigation.
san jose, south bay news
- Fairfield teen speaks after infant son's nose bitten off
- Bench dedicated to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Man critically hurt after being hit by tour bus in SF
- Female pedestrian fatally struck in Concord 15 min ago
- 2 killed by suspected DUI driver in Santa Rosa ID'd
- Dawkins, Stanford to face New Mexico in NCAAs
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over San Francisco
- Man killed by Caltrain in Atherton identified
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- Niemi, Couture lift surging Sharks over Rangers
- VIRAL VIDEO: Harbaugh and walrus do push-ups
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos