South Bay News
16-year-old girl escapes kidnap attempt
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- Police are investigating the Friday evening attempted kidnapping of a 16-year-old girl from San Jose's Willow Glen neighborhood, a police spokesman said today.
Initial reports indicated that the girl was approached by an unknown man who was armed with a stun gun, San Jose police Officer Jose Garcia said.
The incident was reported at 5:25 p.m. Police have not said where in Willow Glen it occurred and are releasing few details about the case.
Garcia said there was no immediate indication that the incident is connected to the disappearance of Sierra LaMar, the 16-year-old Morgan Hill high school student who went missing on March 16, but said the case remains under investigation.
san jose, south bay news
- Police make arrest in Daly City shooting
- Relative talks about stowaway teen's struggles
- Stanford patient denied liver due to medical marijuana
- Oakland A's reject 10-year Coliseum lease offer
- Scientists locate 19th century steamship in SF Bay
- Apple increases stock buyback, will split stock
- State senators get ethics training after scandals
- Prosecutors lay out evidence against Supervisor Carrillo
- Man punches neighbor whose house caught on fire
- Tentative deal reached in TSA breast-milk lawsuit
- Six Flags welcoms first seal pup born at park in 8 years
- 7OYS helps woman get refund from alumni company
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Murder-for-hire plot; East Bay parks plan