South Bay News
16-year-old girl escapes kidnap attempt
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- Police are investigating the Friday evening attempted kidnapping of a 16-year-old girl from San Jose's Willow Glen neighborhood, a police spokesman said today.
Initial reports indicated that the girl was approached by an unknown man who was armed with a stun gun, San Jose police Officer Jose Garcia said.
The incident was reported at 5:25 p.m. Police have not said where in Willow Glen it occurred and are releasing few details about the case.
Garcia said there was no immediate indication that the incident is connected to the disappearance of Sierra LaMar, the 16-year-old Morgan Hill high school student who went missing on March 16, but said the case remains under investigation.
san jose, south bay news
- Family escapes house fire in Oakland overnight
- Poll: Californians gradually souring on unions 22 min ago
- Preemie has hope of going home by Christmas
- Driver arrested for DUI after fiery I-580 crash
- Crash forces elementary school closure in San Rafael
- Beyonce releases new iTunes-exclusive album
- Journey guitarist to get married in SF on pay-per-view 24 min ago
- Hwy 85 connector ramp reopened after fatal crash
- Only On 7: In-depth look into the life of drug dealers
- Child support helpline takes callers to sex hotline
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- Winter Spare the Air called through Friday
- roundup: BART higher fares; Bingo robbery
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday