South Bay News
16-year-old girl escapes kidnap attempt
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- Police are investigating the Friday evening attempted kidnapping of a 16-year-old girl from San Jose's Willow Glen neighborhood, a police spokesman said today.
Initial reports indicated that the girl was approached by an unknown man who was armed with a stun gun, San Jose police Officer Jose Garcia said.
The incident was reported at 5:25 p.m. Police have not said where in Willow Glen it occurred and are releasing few details about the case.
Garcia said there was no immediate indication that the incident is connected to the disappearance of Sierra LaMar, the 16-year-old Morgan Hill high school student who went missing on March 16, but said the case remains under investigation.
san jose, south bay news
- Two men shot, killed on I-880 in Oakland ID'd
- Photos released of suspect in violent SJ carjacking
- Police say realignment may be cause of crime spike
- Longshoreman killed after truck falls into water
- FEMA to fund removal of trees from East Bay Hills
- Steve Wozniak to give Cal commencement speech
- Conn. commuter trains collide; 60 go to hospitals
- Italian team calls for better safety for America's Cup
- Grenade found in San Jose garage detonated safely
- Report: Yahoo nearing $1.1B acquisition of Tumblr
- Get Free Stuff: Purse, nail kit, comedy show
- abcnews: Rumor: Beyonce pregnant with 2nd child
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Bay to Breakers
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday