South Bay News
$10,000 reward offered in Sierra LaMar case
MORGAN HILL, Calif. (KGO) -- A $10,000 reward is being offered for information that leads to the safe return of missing Morgan Hill teenager Sierra LaMar.
Volunteers spent Saturday searching for the 15-year old girl in and around the Morgan Hill area. San Francisco 49ers Alex Smith and Joe Staley took part in the search.
Sierra's family announced the reward Saturday and said it was made possible through donations.
"We want someone to come forward without this, but whatever we can do to get some kind of clue or tip that will lead us to Sierra, that's what we're after," Sierra's father, Steve LaMar, said.
The LaMar family continues to hope that an army of lawmen and volunteer searchers will find a lead that brings Sierra back to them
Sierra was last seen March 16 leaving for school. Investigators are looking into several leads in the case.
missing person, santa clara county, morgan hill, sierra lamar, south bay news
- Manhunt underway after officer shot in SF
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case