South Bay News
San Jose falcon mom has four new chicks
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- Pass out the cigars. The Bay Area's favorite peregrine falcon mom has expanded her family.
All four of Clara's eggs atop San Jose City Hall have hatched, three of them on Easter Sunday and the fourth one Monday morning.
Biologists say Clara is keeping her new chicks warm and the dad Fernando is around helping. They plan to leave the family alone until May 1, when they'll climb up to determine the baby falcons' genders and put tracking bands on them.
This is Clara's sixth season giving birth above San Jose.
san jose, animal, south bay news
- Bay Area braces for coldest night of the cold snap
- Shooting victim found near school in Vallejo
- Palo Alto man says he was well-fed in North Korea
- Deep freeze grips most of United States
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Harding makes 37 saves, Wild beat Sharks 3-1
- Smith leads Jets to 37-27 victory over Raiders
- Family asks for help in finding SF hit-and-run driver
- Man falls asleep on flight, wakes up in empty plane
- Winter Spare the Air called for Sunday and Monday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos