South Bay News
K-9 unit assists in Sierra LaMar search
MORGAN HILL, Calif. (KGO) -- A daylong search is underway to help find a missing Morgan Hill teen in Santa Clara County.
Sierra LaMar vanished about a month ago on her way to catch a school bus.
A helicopter, off-road teams and search and rescue crews with rock climbing experience are focusing on remote areas between Morgan Hill and Gilroy.
Agencies across the Bay Area are assisting the Santa Clara County Sheriff's Department. A K-9 unit is also involved.
The Santa Clara County Sheriff's Office said they've looked there before but the goal of Saturday's search is to be more thorough.
There were no new leads that triggered this search which was planned in advance. It will continue until night fall.
Meanwhile, Sierra LaMar posters will also be posted on BART cars, advising riders of the teen's disappearance.
missing person, santa clara county, morgan hill, sierra lamar, south bay news
- SF 'landlords from hell' plead guilty to felonies
- Police enforce pedestrian safety with sting operation 43 min ago
- Fire concerns growing as July 4th approaches
- AMA now recognizes obesity as a disease
- New Colo. wildfire prompts evacuations of homes
- Dog that killed 6-year-old boy euthanized
- Panel restores some pay for lawmakers, governor
- ABC7 Top Scholar: Michael Yu
- Woman receives $130B FasTrack bill 25 min ago
- SF LGBT film festival marks 37 years amid SCOTUS rulings
- SF couple uses Task Rabbit, Airbnb apps for profit
- abcnews: Pope invites Down syndrome teen for a spin
- roundup: Potrero Hill stabbing; BART review 36 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Researchers use 3D printing to model organs
19 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos