South Bay News
K-9 unit assists in Sierra LaMar search
MORGAN HILL, Calif. (KGO) -- A daylong search is underway to help find a missing Morgan Hill teen in Santa Clara County.
Sierra LaMar vanished about a month ago on her way to catch a school bus.
A helicopter, off-road teams and search and rescue crews with rock climbing experience are focusing on remote areas between Morgan Hill and Gilroy.
Agencies across the Bay Area are assisting the Santa Clara County Sheriff's Department. A K-9 unit is also involved.
The Santa Clara County Sheriff's Office said they've looked there before but the goal of Saturday's search is to be more thorough.
There were no new leads that triggered this search which was planned in advance. It will continue until night fall.
Meanwhile, Sierra LaMar posters will also be posted on BART cars, advising riders of the teen's disappearance.
missing person, santa clara county, morgan hill, sierra lamar, south bay news
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached 17 min ago
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- SUV crashes into gas station in Oakland
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Caltrans says Bay Bridge bolt problem fixed
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos