South Bay News
6 people displaced in 3-alarm San Jose fire
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- A three-alarm fire in an apartment building on Shadow Dance Drive displaced six people today, destroyed one unit and damaged several others, according to the San Jose fire department.
The fire in a 16-unit building was reported around 1:49 p.m. when fire officials received multiple calls reporting flames and smoke coming from an apartment, Fire Capt. Michael Van Elgort said.
Firefighters called a second and third alarm in order to keep the fire from spreading to neighboring units.
By the time the fire was contained at 2:38 p.m., one unit had been completely destroyed, two others had received minor to moderate damage and a fourth suffered water damage, Van Elgort said.
There were no injuries, but one small dog was reported missing. One firefighter was transported to a hospital for treatment of a medical complaint.
The fire's point of origin is still under investigation, but the cause has been deemed accidental, Van Elgort said.
san jose, fire, south bay news
- 5-year-old killed in rollover crash in Richmond 22 min ago
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- Three evacuated from house fire in Kentfield 47 min ago
- Report: Corrosion a problem on new Bay Bridge
- Teen dead, 2 injured in East Palo Alto shooting
- Man dies after fall during Bay to Breakers party
- Silver Creek HS sophomore killed in bike accident
- Brush fire at Joaquin Miller Park in Oakland
- United Airlines restarts 787 flights after grounding 34 min ago
- Startups use Netflix rental model for clothing, jewelry
- NFL set to vote if Bay Area will host Super Bowl
- abcnews: SEAL auctions bin Laden raid knife
- roundup: Bay to Breakers fall; Oakland Hills fire 28 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- Three evacuated from house fire in Kentfield
47 min ago