South Bay News
Artist Thomas Kinkade died of alcohol, valium overdose
MONTE SERENO, Calif. (KGO) -- The Santa Clara County medical examiner believes artist Thomas Kinkade died after an accidental overdose of alcohol and prescription medication.
Kinkade died at his home in Monte Sereno on April 6.
Toxicology tests showed elevated amounts of alcohol along with diazepam in his system.
Diazepam is a generic form of valium. Doctors prescribe it to relieve anxiety, insomnia or symptoms related to alcohol withdrawal.
art, los gatos, celebrity deaths, south bay news
- Elderly man detained in NKorea reunited with family 57 min ago
- Cold snap brings snow, icy conditions to Bay Area
- Snow, sleet, ice hit large swath of United States
- Crews investigating cause of water main break
- Court records show MLB denied A's move to San Jose
- AMBER Alert suspect may be heading to Mexico
- Deputy who fatally shot Andy Lopez to return to work 31 min ago
- Nelson Mandela family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Police investigating fatal accident in San Jose
- Winter Spare the Air Alert issued for Sunday, Dec. 8
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday