South Bay News
Artist Thomas Kinkade died of alcohol, valium overdose
MONTE SERENO, Calif. (KGO) -- The Santa Clara County medical examiner believes artist Thomas Kinkade died after an accidental overdose of alcohol and prescription medication.
Kinkade died at his home in Monte Sereno on April 6.
Toxicology tests showed elevated amounts of alcohol along with diazepam in his system.
Diazepam is a generic form of valium. Doctors prescribe it to relieve anxiety, insomnia or symptoms related to alcohol withdrawal.
art, los gatos, celebrity deaths, south bay news
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- East Palo Alto school introduces girls to aviation 16 min ago
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Private school in Oakland on lockdown after assault 44 min ago
- Ukraine may turn to UN General Assembly
- Lockdown lifted at Monterey Peninsula College
- Blind man survives getting run over by train
- Woman killed when gun in donated clothes fires
- FREE STUFF: Sour Flour; Kevel Fly Ties 4 min ago
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday 5 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
5 min ago
- East Palo Alto school introduces girls to...
16 min ago