South Bay News
College student from Los Altos dies from meningitis
A first-year college student from Los Altos has died from meningitis, at Washington University in St. Louis.
Health officials there say they don't know yet how Emily Benatar contracted the bacterial disease. There have been no other cases reported. The chancellor says her family was with Benatar when she died. They've scheduled a memorial service for her on Saturday, May 19 at the Congregation Beth Am in Los Altos Hills.
los altos, south bay news
- Fairfield teen speaks after infant son's nose bitten off 1 min ago
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Man hit by tour bus on 7th, Mission streets in SF
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- Sunday marks anniversary of Sierra LaMar's disappearance
- Dawkins, Stanford to face New Mexico in NCAAs
- Police conduct statewide underage drinking sting
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over San Francisco
- Man killed by Caltrain in Atherton identified
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' tops box office
- Niemi, Couture lift surging Sharks over Rangers
- VIRAL VIDEO: Harbaugh and walrus do push-ups
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- EU mulling next steps against Russia over...
45 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos