South Bay News
Man fatally shot, another assaulted in San Jose
SAN JOSE (KGO) -- A man has died after a shooting in San Jose Wednesday night, and a second victim was found assaulted in the same location, police said.
Police responded to the shooting in the 1000 block of Walnut Woods Drive at 8:21 p.m.
The two men were found there and transported to a hospital to be treated for their injuries. The gunshot victim died a few hours later assault victim is expected to survive.
Police have not identified a motive for the incident. No arrests have been made and no suspect information was immediately available.
Anyone with information about this incident has been asked to contact San Jose police at (408) 277-8900.
Bay City News has contributed to this report
san jose, SJPD, crime, south bay news, amy hollyfield
- Work to begin to replace bolts on new Bay Bridge
- Obama to address drones, Gitmo in security speech
- Man impaled, killed by pipe through windshield
- Officials: All accounted for after Oklahoma tornado
- Bicyclist fatally struck by vehicle in Inner Mission
- SamTrans bus hits low hanging wire in San Mateo
- Man escapes early morning house fire in Pinole
- San Jose firefighters control 1-alarm house fire
- Safety recommendations released for America's Cup
- 'Attractive & Fat' campaign slams Abercrombie & Fitch
- Man makes firearm using 3-D printer
- abcnews: Top 10 highest-paid CEOs
- roundup: Crissy Field art; Richmond shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
47 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos