South Bay News
Body found in San Jose's Guadalupe River
A body was found in San Jose's Guadalupe River Saturday morning, San Jose police said.
The deceased person was spotted by volunteers cleaning the Guadalupe River and its banks around 10:30 a.m. this morning. The body was found in the water between West Santa Clara and West Julian streets, police said.
A San Jose search and rescue team responded and is working this afternoon to retrieve the body from the river.
The gender and age of the body has yet to be determined. It is unknown whether foul play was involved, police said.
san jose, SJPD, south bay news
- Mega Millions winning ticket sold in San Jose
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- SFPD search underway for suspects in ATM heist
- Wonder Girl to take on Vallejo after Batkid saved SF
- Weather to help crews battling Big Sur blaze 40 min ago
- Results of Consumer Reports car reliability survey
- Teen burned on bus to be honored by school team
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music 59 min ago
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: OPD gets new SUVs; Big Sur fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday