South Bay News
Body found in San Jose's Guadalupe River
A body was found in San Jose's Guadalupe River Saturday morning, San Jose police said.
The deceased person was spotted by volunteers cleaning the Guadalupe River and its banks around 10:30 a.m. this morning. The body was found in the water between West Santa Clara and West Julian streets, police said.
A San Jose search and rescue team responded and is working this afternoon to retrieve the body from the river.
The gender and age of the body has yet to be determined. It is unknown whether foul play was involved, police said.
san jose, SJPD, south bay news
- Castro Valley man a person of interest in wife's death
- Memorial bench to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- CA Republican Party holds convention in Burlingame
- Union says fewer teachers facing layoffs in California
- Dad accused of biting infant's nose to be arraigned
- Fundraiser for victims of Indonesia volcano eruption
- Thieves steal gas station ATM in Sonoma County
- Fire destroys home, displaces 15 residents in Richmond
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Over $7,000 raised for police dog battling cancer
- Online naming contest open for trails at Glen Canyon
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos