South Bay News
Body found in San Jose's Guadalupe River
A body was found in San Jose's Guadalupe River Saturday morning, San Jose police said.
The deceased person was spotted by volunteers cleaning the Guadalupe River and its banks around 10:30 a.m. this morning. The body was found in the water between West Santa Clara and West Julian streets, police said.
A San Jose search and rescue team responded and is working this afternoon to retrieve the body from the river.
The gender and age of the body has yet to be determined. It is unknown whether foul play was involved, police said.
san jose, SJPD, south bay news
- 1 dead, 2 injured in Redwood City boating accident
- Mother, child killed in San Francisco fire
- San Francisco officials plan to crack down on "420"
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest
- Possible explosive prompts evacuations in Solvang 27 min ago
- Firetruck rams California eatery; 15 injured
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Man accused of killing Sierra LaMar appears in court
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Angels beat A's 5-4 on Iannetta's HR in 12th
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014
- San Jose Sharks holding rally to kick off playoff run
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos