South Bay News
Garcia-Torres to be arraigned Thursday for Sierra LaMar's murder
raw video: News conference regarding Sierra LaMar
MORGAN HILL, Calif. (KGO) -- There are new details about the criminal past of the kidnapping and murder suspect in the Sierra LaMar case and the time he spent in jail.
Twenty-one-year-old Antolin Garcia-Torres was arrested two days ago for Sierra's murder. While his mother has proclaimed his innocence, Sierra's parents hope he provides some clues as to their daughter's whereabouts.
"I just pray that he releases information to help our search in finding Sierra," said Sierra's mother, Marlene LaMar. The missing girl's father, Steve LaMar, echoed those sentiments. "We want some information to help us," he said. "If we don't get it, we're not going to stop. We're going to continue with what we're doing and we're going to find her."
Before moving to a Morgan Hill trailer park, Garcia-Torres lived with his mother in a rental unit that used to stand in a lot behind a San Martin home. The owner told ABC7 News that sheriff's deputies were frequent visitors.
In 2009, then 18-year-old Garcia-Torres was arrested for having sex with a minor, a teen who is the mother of the couple's 19-month-old child.
In 2010, Garcia-Torres was arrested for obstructing police when they came to arrest another man at his home. He told deputies, "Get out of my house you ****pigs!" Garcia-Torres was also charged with vandalism, for graffiti, and plugging a toilet in his jail cell. For that, he wrote an apology letter saying, "I'm sorry& I got bored in there."
Sierra's sister, Darlene LaMar, says whether the suspect talks or not, he will not control her family. "We can't let him haunt us that way," she said. "We can't give him that power."
Garcia-Torres will be arraigned at 1:30 p.m. on Thursday in San Jose on kidnap and murder charges.
missing person, santa clara county, morgan hill, sierra lamar, crime, south bay news, laura anthony
- Man ID'd in fatal boating accident in Redwood City
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Death penalty sought in killing of girl at sleepover
- Crews retrieving body that washed onto Lands End 24 min ago
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87 32 min ago
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- Two injured in accident on Almaden Expressway
- Chelsea Clinton expecting first child 6 min ago
- Military shell prompted evacuation of hundreds 46 min ago
- Water supply flushed after teen urinates into reservoir
- Mi Pueblo grocery stores submit bankruptcy plans
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: SF plastic bag ban; Boy killed in Antioch 54 min ago