South Bay News
Man who fled to India arrested in fatal hit-and-run
SUNNYVALE, Calif. (KGO) -- A man will appear in court Friday after returning to the Bay Area from India to answer charges that he drove over a woman and killed her.
The Sunnyvale Department of Public Safety arrested 25-year-old Pawanjit Singh after he arrived at San Francisco International Airport Thursday night. Detectives believe 28-year-old Jennifer Flores had been riding in Singh's car before she was killed on March 25. Singh left the U.S. for India the next day.
Local police and federal authorities worked with Singh's attorney to convince him to return from India willingly.
sunnyvale, hit and run, south bay news
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire 53 min ago
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police
- Man looks to move forward after Peninsula boat crash
- South Bay hospital top notch for treating strokes 19 min ago
- SF's Stockton Tunnel closed due to water main break
- Crews remove broken window from high-rise in SF
- Royal editor: Diana gave me leaked phone info
- Baby kangaroo makes debut at zoo in Sydney
- Rare tree halts plans for Smart Train in Cotati
- Unexpected backlash after CPSC recalls Fitbit Force
- VIRAL VIDEO: Haiyan survivors in "Happy"...
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Vacaville police chief; South Bay fireworks
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos