South Bay News
Man found dead in percolation pond identified
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- The man whose body was found in a South San Jose pond on Tuesday morning has been identified by police as 22-year-old Michael Munoz.
With help from a dive team with the Santa Clara County Sheriff's Office, police found Munoz's body in one of the Guadalupe Percolation Ponds, located near Blossom Hill Road and Sanchez Drive at 8:30 a.m. Tuesday.
Munoz, a San Jose resident, had been reported missing by concerned friends around 6:30 p.m. Monday.
Police said that they are still investigating the case.
Percolation ponds like the one where police found Munoz's body have steep banks and are about 10 to 14 feet deep.
The ponds are used to replenish ground water with flow diverted from the Guadalupe River.
san jose, crime, south bay news
- Malaysia says jet's disappearance was deliberate 4 min ago
- CCSF protestors make voices heard at City Hall
- Investigators finally getting look at Mission Bay fire
- I-TEAM: Small park, big problems 31 min ago
- Death of woman found in home considered homicide
- Police arrest woman in connection with shooting 51 min ago
- Vehicle runs over gas line, hits SJ DMV building
- Uber announces new insurance policy for drivers
- Costco recalls cases of freeze-dried fruit
- Crews busy dismantling old span of the Bay Bridge
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: AltCar Expo; Motorcyclist killed
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos