South Bay News
Naked man leads police on chase through SJ airport
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- A naked man at San Jose International Airport led police on a chase this morning before he was arrested, San Jose police said.
The 25-year-old man was spotted walking through the airport parking garage at 1661 Airport Blvd. around 6:35 a.m., nude and behaving erratically, according to police.
Arriving officers found the man near the south end of the parking garage, but he bolted and led the officers on a foot chase through the garage and into Terminal B of the airport, police said.
Officers managed to arrest the man outside a security checkpoint in the terminal after he resisted arrest and fought with officers, according to police.
One officer suffered moderate injuries during the arrest. He was taken to a hospital for treatment for injuries that were not life-threatening, police said.
The transient man was taken to Santa Clara Valley Medical Center in San Jose to be medically cleared before being booked at Santa Clara County Jail on suspicion of burglary, indecent exposure and resisting arresting resulting in injury to a peace officer, police said.
The suspect was not injured during the arrest, police said.
Officers believe the man forced entry into an airport fire station before he was seen walking nude in the garage. His clothing and personal items were found inside Fire Station 20 following an investigation, police said.
Airport and flight operations were unaffected by the incident. The man did not enter restricted areas and compromise security, police said.
san jose, mineta san jose international airport, SJPD, south bay news
- SF officials prepare for 102nd Bay to Breakers race
- Albany residents protest return of Occupy activists
- Suspicious package in Livermore prompts evacuation
- Konig wins 7th stage, van Garderen retains lead
- Pacers knock out Knicks with 106-99 win in Game 6
- Milone's long skid ends as A's beat Royals
- Chatwood leads Rockies past Giants 10-2
- Teen dies after refusing to give iPad to thieves
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- San Jose man arrested for alleged road rage attack
- Miami Heat player surprises student at prom
- abcnews: Men Struggle With Wives' Breast Cancer
- roundup: America's Cup race; Murder charges
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos