South Bay News
3.5-magnitude quake strikes near Morgan Hill
An earthquake with a preliminary magnitude of 3.5 struck in Santa Clara County near Morgan Hill Sunday morning, according to the U.S. Geological Survey.
The quake struck at about 10:30 a.m. at a depth of about 4.5 miles, according to the USGS.
The epicenter was 9 miles north of Morgan Hill and about 15 miles east southeast of San Jose.
earthquake, preparenorcal, morgan hill, south bay news
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires
- Two hospitalized after acid spill at Tesoro refinery 41 min ago
- Investigators to speak with shot San Francisco officer
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting 47 min ago
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- State senator to introduce utility security legislation
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- Stolen EBMUD truck found in Castro Valley
- Barry Bonds back in Giants uniform as camp coach 5 min ago
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil' 3 min ago
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Surfer rescued; Fatal Oakland crash
- Campaign looks to end use of 'bossy' with...
56 min ago