South Bay News
3.5-magnitude quake strikes near Morgan Hill
An earthquake with a preliminary magnitude of 3.5 struck in Santa Clara County near Morgan Hill Sunday morning, according to the U.S. Geological Survey.
The quake struck at about 10:30 a.m. at a depth of about 4.5 miles, according to the USGS.
The epicenter was 9 miles north of Morgan Hill and about 15 miles east southeast of San Jose.
earthquake, preparenorcal, morgan hill, south bay news
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead'
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- Dozens hurt after London theater partially collapsed
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Robertson's hiatus
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Report says bullying of American-Islamic kids on rise
- 1 dead, dozens hurt in California bus crashes
- Seismic saddles in place on new Bay Bridge
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla
- 7 On Your Side looks into Lyft's donation policy
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos