South Bay News
Fire burns close to Guadalupe Parkway
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- A fire burned dangerously close to a South Bay highway Saturday afternoon. Firefighters are concerned about the high fire danger this weekend.
A fire burned some grass near Guadalupe Parkway, or Highway 87, and Curtner Avenue in San Jose. One lane was shut down in the southbound direction for a little while so crews could get to the fire.
San Jose fire says they got their first call around 1:30 p.m. about this fire and the fire quickly spread to about eight or nine acres. A total of 23 fire units were called out with 54 crew members and CAL FIRE crews were also there to help out.
The fire was near a retirement community and an apartment complex. There were no homes damaged by the fire.
Thankfully, the fire was contained around 3:30 p.m.
san jose, highway 87, fire, south bay news
- Manager reveals details of teen's stowaway survival
- Man punches neighbor whose house caught on fire
- SFPD to crack down on violators for pedestrian safety
- Sex offender grabs girl from parents in Berkeley
- Pedestrian critically injured in accident in SF
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
- Images released of shipwreck in San Francisco Bay 35 min ago
- Free health clinic in SF and Oakland this week
- South Korea ferry toll hits 156 as search gets tougher
- Young Oakland boy shot in the eye with paintball gun
- Pair sets record with BASE jump off world's... 13 min ago
- Minnie Driver faces body bullies, tweets nude photo 5 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Murder-for-hire plot; East Bay parks plan