South Bay News
Fire burns close to Guadalupe Parkway
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- A fire burned dangerously close to a South Bay highway Saturday afternoon. Firefighters are concerned about the high fire danger this weekend.
A fire burned some grass near Guadalupe Parkway, or Highway 87, and Curtner Avenue in San Jose. One lane was shut down in the southbound direction for a little while so crews could get to the fire.
San Jose fire says they got their first call around 1:30 p.m. about this fire and the fire quickly spread to about eight or nine acres. A total of 23 fire units were called out with 54 crew members and CAL FIRE crews were also there to help out.
The fire was near a retirement community and an apartment complex. There were no homes damaged by the fire.
Thankfully, the fire was contained around 3:30 p.m.
san jose, highway 87, fire, south bay news
- Damage reported after 5.7 quake in Greenville 11 min ago
- Bay Area man arrested in Czech murders case
- New details released in police officers' murders
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Millions to hit the roads this Memorial Day weekend 7 min ago
- BART board votes to relax rush hour bike ban
- Man exposes himself outside of hospital in SF
- Rare Apple computer could fetch $640k at auction 21 min ago
- Magnitude 8.2 earthquake hits Russia's Far East
- New info released about robbery in Santa Rosa
- Clayton resident ID'd as bicyclist killed in SF
- abcnews: New bill would allow pets on Amtrak
- roundup: Bicyclist killed in SF; Body in canal ID'd
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday