South Bay News
Fire burns close to Guadalupe Parkway
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- A fire burned dangerously close to a South Bay highway Saturday afternoon. Firefighters are concerned about the high fire danger this weekend.
A fire burned some grass near Guadalupe Parkway, or Highway 87, and Curtner Avenue in San Jose. One lane was shut down in the southbound direction for a little while so crews could get to the fire.
San Jose fire says they got their first call around 1:30 p.m. about this fire and the fire quickly spread to about eight or nine acres. A total of 23 fire units were called out with 54 crew members and CAL FIRE crews were also there to help out.
The fire was near a retirement community and an apartment complex. There were no homes damaged by the fire.
Thankfully, the fire was contained around 3:30 p.m.
san jose, highway 87, fire, south bay news
- San Jose police officer facing sexual assault charges 1 min ago
- Crews fix broken water main in SF's Lower Haight
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers 17 min ago
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Fitbit users still looking for answers on Force rashes
- 5-year-old boy, babysitter struck by car in crosswalk
- Stars raise money for SF children's hospital
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- San Jose police officer facing sexual...
1 min ago