South Bay News
SJ man arrested in online sex sting
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- A San Jose man who traveled across the country to have sex with an 11-year-old girl has been arrested as part of an online sting operation.
Phil Luna, 52, was one of 38 men charged in Florida last week with answering a Craigslist ad from a detective posing as a woman soliciting sex for her daughter.
Detectives say he arrived at the house with condoms, and some "skittles" candies.
Luna is an engineer at the NASA Ames Research Center in Mountain View, where he's now on administrative leave.
san jose, children, crime, sex crimes, internet, south bay news
- I-5 bridge collapse raises Bay Area safety questions
- Damage reported after 5.7 quake in Greenville
- Limos without valid permits listed on airport website
- Shift in tactics may be helping Oakland police
- No charges in Starbucks orange juice case
- 3-D printer helps save dying baby with rare disease
- Lawmakers want to restore dental care to Medi-Cal
- Walnut Creek student dies after brain hemorrhage
- NASA Ames focusing on advanced manufacturing
- I-5 bridge collapse caused by truck hitting span
- Get Free Stuff: Challenge butter; Shoe laces
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO scolded by 9-year-old
- roundup: Bicyclist killed ID'd; Unsolved murder
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday