South Bay News
SJ man arrested in online sex sting
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- A San Jose man who traveled across the country to have sex with an 11-year-old girl has been arrested as part of an online sting operation.
Phil Luna, 52, was one of 38 men charged in Florida last week with answering a Craigslist ad from a detective posing as a woman soliciting sex for her daughter.
Detectives say he arrived at the house with condoms, and some "skittles" candies.
Luna is an engineer at the NASA Ames Research Center in Mountain View, where he's now on administrative leave.
san jose, children, crime, sex crimes, internet, south bay news
- Police make arrest in Daly City shooting
- Relative talks about stowaway teen's struggles
- Stanford patient denied liver due to medical marijuana
- Oakland A's reject 10-year Coliseum lease offer
- Scientists locate 19th century steamship in SF Bay
- Apple increases stock buyback, will split stock
- State senators get ethics training after scandals
- Prosecutors lay out evidence against Supervisor Carrillo
- Man punches neighbor whose house caught on fire
- Tentative deal reached in TSA breast-milk lawsuit
- Six Flags welcoms first seal pup born at park in 8 years
- 7OYS helps woman get refund from alumni company
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Murder-for-hire plot; East Bay parks plan