South Bay News
SJ man arrested in online sex sting
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- A San Jose man who traveled across the country to have sex with an 11-year-old girl has been arrested as part of an online sting operation.
Phil Luna, 52, was one of 38 men charged in Florida last week with answering a Craigslist ad from a detective posing as a woman soliciting sex for her daughter.
Detectives say he arrived at the house with condoms, and some "skittles" candies.
Luna is an engineer at the NASA Ames Research Center in Mountain View, where he's now on administrative leave.
san jose, children, crime, sex crimes, internet, south bay news
- Four stabbed at bar, restaurant in San Jose
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- Pope Francis prays for peace at Easter service
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Santa Rosa crash causes massive power outage
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash 52 min ago
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Video: Cracked windshield forces flight to divert
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday