South Bay News
Dive team to re-scan reservoir for Sierra LaMar
MORGAN HILL, Calif. (KGO) -- Detectives looking for missing South Bay teen Sierra LaMar want a dive team to re-scan the Chesbro Reservoir near Morgan Hill.
The new search, however, is not based on tips or leads. Instead, investigators are hoping the dive team's new side-scan sonar equipment might uncover new evidence.
15-year old Sierra disappeared three months ago on her way to school and has not been found. Antolin Garcia-Torres is charged with kidnapping and killing her based on DNA evidence found in his car and on her discarded clothing.
missing person, santa clara county, morgan hill, sierra lamar, crime, murder, south bay news
- Fairfield teen speaks after infant son's nose bitten off
- Bench dedicated to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Man critically hurt after being hit by tour bus in SF
- Female pedestrian fatally struck in Concord
- Two lanes of WB I-80 in SF blocked due to accident 33 min ago
- Marijuana grow found at San Jose house fire
- 2 killed by suspected DUI driver in Santa Rosa ID'd
- Dawkins, Stanford to face New Mexico in NCAAs
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over San Francisco
- Man killed by Caltrain in Atherton identified
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos