South Bay News
Dive team to re-scan reservoir for Sierra LaMar
MORGAN HILL, Calif. (KGO) -- Detectives looking for missing South Bay teen Sierra LaMar want a dive team to re-scan the Chesbro Reservoir near Morgan Hill.
The new search, however, is not based on tips or leads. Instead, investigators are hoping the dive team's new side-scan sonar equipment might uncover new evidence.
15-year old Sierra disappeared three months ago on her way to school and has not been found. Antolin Garcia-Torres is charged with kidnapping and killing her based on DNA evidence found in his car and on her discarded clothing.
missing person, santa clara county, morgan hill, sierra lamar, crime, murder, south bay news
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake 1 min ago
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker
- Consumer Reports cracks which eggs to buy
- Doctors: 10-month-old girl won't survive abuse injuries
- 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond 15 min ago
- Sonoma County fire burns garage and cars
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12
- Man found fatally shot in Concord
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: Berkeley fire estimate; Mount Tam body
- Perfect Pet: Isabella
29 min ago