South Bay News
Dive team to re-scan reservoir for Sierra LaMar
MORGAN HILL, Calif. (KGO) -- Detectives looking for missing South Bay teen Sierra LaMar want a dive team to re-scan the Chesbro Reservoir near Morgan Hill.
The new search, however, is not based on tips or leads. Instead, investigators are hoping the dive team's new side-scan sonar equipment might uncover new evidence.
15-year old Sierra disappeared three months ago on her way to school and has not been found. Antolin Garcia-Torres is charged with kidnapping and killing her based on DNA evidence found in his car and on her discarded clothing.
missing person, santa clara county, morgan hill, sierra lamar, crime, murder, south bay news
- Search on for man who went missing after B2B race
- Hundreds of food workers strike at AT&T Park in SF 57 min ago
- Gay soccer player Robbie Rogers joins LA Galaxy
- Santa Cruz police arrest crime plot mastermind
- Elderly woman with Alzheimer's missing in Palo Alto 39 min ago
- UK police arrest 3 more men in soldier's slaying
- PG&E disputes record fine for San Bruno blast
- San Francisco man with brain injury missing
- Millions march against Monsanto in over 400 cities
- Wildfire near Interstate 580 in Livermore now contained 15 min ago
- Limos without valid permits listed on airport website
- abcnews: How to stay safe at amusement parks
- roundup: Machete murder; PG&E fights fine
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos