South Bay News
Dive team to re-scan reservoir for Sierra LaMar
MORGAN HILL, Calif. (KGO) -- Detectives looking for missing South Bay teen Sierra LaMar want a dive team to re-scan the Chesbro Reservoir near Morgan Hill.
The new search, however, is not based on tips or leads. Instead, investigators are hoping the dive team's new side-scan sonar equipment might uncover new evidence.
15-year old Sierra disappeared three months ago on her way to school and has not been found. Antolin Garcia-Torres is charged with kidnapping and killing her based on DNA evidence found in his car and on her discarded clothing.
missing person, santa clara county, morgan hill, sierra lamar, crime, murder, south bay news
- Several aftershocks felt after 5.7 quake in Greenville
- Bay Area man arrested in Czech murders case
- New details released in police officers' murders
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- BART board votes to relax rush hour bike ban
- Man exposes himself outside of hospital in SF
- Magnitude 8.2 earthquake hits Russia's Far East
- New info released about robbery in Santa Rosa
- Clayton resident ID'd as bicyclist killed in SF
- LA Kings beat SJ Sharks in Game 5
- Oakland's real estate market heats up
- abcnews: New bill would allow pets on Amtrak
- roundup: Bicyclist killed in SF; Body in canal ID'd
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday