South Bay News
Dive teams re-scan reservoir for Sierra LaMar
MORGAN HILL, Calif. (KGO) -- A Santa Clara County sheriff's team is re-scanning the Chesbro Reservoir near Morgan Hill, for a second day, looking for evidence of missing teenager Sierra LaMar.
Investigators are hoping the new side-scan sonar equipment might uncover new evidence in their kidnapping and murder case. Today's search, however, is not based on any new tips or leads. The 15-year-old Morgan Hill girl disappeared three months ago on her way to school and has not been found. Antolin Garcia-Torres is charged with kidnapping and killing her based on DNA evidence collected so far.
And authorities say a Facebook post supposedly made last night by Sierra LaMar is a hoax. The post contains a Saratoga address, along with the message "please call police he's coming back." The Santa Clara Sheriff's office says the address doesn't exist, it was invented by somebody who hacked the girl's account. This isn't the first time somebody has sent out a fake message from LaMar. Outsiders gained access to her Twitter account twice in April.
missing person, santa clara county, morgan hill, sierra lamar, crime, murder, south bay news
- SFPD SWAT in standoff with shooting suspect
- 7 people dead in New York gas explosion
- Malaysia: No engine data after plane went missing
- Navy's new warship will travel to SF for Fleet Week
- Report: DNA on SJ cop's vest in rape investigation
- Parents rally after assaults at elementary schools
- Recall issued for Fitbit Force over skin problems
- Man accused of shooting SF police officer facing assault charges
- No fault in how Children's Hospital handled gir's surgeries
- Family's plea helps get dying boy experimental drug
- Florida police give 'ticket' to 2-year-old driver
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- roundup: Fatal motorcycle accident; Watsonville...
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos