South Bay News
Pat Tillman's widow shares letters in new book
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- A new book from the widow of San Jose's Pat Tillman is out on store shelves. Marie Tillman's book is titled, "The Letter: My Journey Through Love, Loss, and Life."
It reveals for the first time that the former football star gave her a letter to open if he died while fighting overseas. The letter went untouched until he was killed by friendly-fire in Afghanistan in 2004.
Part of the letter read, "It's difficult to summarize 10 years together, my love for you, my hopes for your future, and pretend to be dead all at the same time."
Tillman quit the NFL to join the military following the September 11 attacks. His widow is now remarried and works full-time with her foundation, providing support and education for veterans and their spouses.
san jose, books, south bay news
- SJ store owner get $1M for selling winning ticket
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- SFPD search underway for suspects in ATM heist
- Food bank hands out hundreds of hams to families 25 min ago
- Wonder Girl to take on Vallejo after Batkid saved SF
- Weather to help crews battling Big Sur blaze
- Results of Consumer Reports car reliability survey
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: OPD gets new SUVs; Big Sur fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Food bank hands out hundreds of hams to...
25 min ago