South Bay News
Pat Tillman's widow shares letters in new book
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- A new book from the widow of San Jose's Pat Tillman is out on store shelves. Marie Tillman's book is titled, "The Letter: My Journey Through Love, Loss, and Life."
It reveals for the first time that the former football star gave her a letter to open if he died while fighting overseas. The letter went untouched until he was killed by friendly-fire in Afghanistan in 2004.
Part of the letter read, "It's difficult to summarize 10 years together, my love for you, my hopes for your future, and pretend to be dead all at the same time."
Tillman quit the NFL to join the military following the September 11 attacks. His widow is now remarried and works full-time with her foundation, providing support and education for veterans and their spouses.
san jose, books, south bay news
- Man ID'd in fatal boating accident in Redwood City
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Investigators reconstruct bus crash in California
- Another woman reported missing on Mt. Tam
- San Leandro High teacher arrested for sex with minor
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- Crews placing grass at 49ers' Levi's Stadium
- All 29 defendants in corruption case appear in court
- SF Mayor pledges to fix public housing elevators 26 min ago
- Ryu pitches Dodgers past Giants 2-1 to avoid sweep
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: SF plastic bag ban; Boy killed in Antioch