South Bay News
Pat Tillman's widow shares letters in new book
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- A new book from the widow of San Jose's Pat Tillman is out on store shelves. Marie Tillman's book is titled, "The Letter: My Journey Through Love, Loss, and Life."
It reveals for the first time that the former football star gave her a letter to open if he died while fighting overseas. The letter went untouched until he was killed by friendly-fire in Afghanistan in 2004.
Part of the letter read, "It's difficult to summarize 10 years together, my love for you, my hopes for your future, and pretend to be dead all at the same time."
Tillman quit the NFL to join the military following the September 11 attacks. His widow is now remarried and works full-time with her foundation, providing support and education for veterans and their spouses.
san jose, books, south bay news
- Oklahoma tornado was top-of-the-scale EF-5
- Experts weigh in on Bay Bridge broken bolt debacle
- PayPal hopes new smartphone app will replace wallet
- Apple's Cook faces Senate questions on taxes
- Photos: Tornado rips through Oklahoma City area
- Oakland looks to give micro-loans to small businesses
- Bay Area fire captain among team sent to Oklahoma
- Search continues for man after Bay to Breakers
- Arias tells jury what she'll do if allowed to live
- Senate panel approves immigration bill
- Photos: San Jose Sharks fan pics!
- abcnews: Hero teacher covered students with body
- roundup: SF bank robbery; Search for survivors
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday