South Bay News
49er LB Aldon Smith injured in house party
SANTA CLARA CO., Calif. -- ESPN reported San Francisco 49ers linebacker Aldon Smith suffered minor injuries in a house party incident early Saturday morning.
Bay City News said team officials confirmed it Saturday afternoon.
"The San Francisco 49ers are aware that Aldon Smith incurred minor injuries during an incident last night," said General Manager Trent Baalke in a statement.
"We are in contact with Aldon, and thankful that his injuries were not more serious and that he is recovering comfortably," Baalke said. "The 49ers are also in communication with local authorities as they gather information regarding the incident, and will reserve further comment at this time."
Smith's injury has been linked in published reports to a house party in the hills east of San Jose early this morning that resulted in a shooting and stabbing.
Santa Clara County emergency dispatchers received a 911 call at 2:14 a.m. from someone reporting hearing gunshots coming from a home in the 4000 block of Higuera Highland Lane, sheriff's spokesman Jose Cardoza said.
A large party was being held in the home, and Sheriff's deputies found a crowd of at least 100 people when they responded, Cardoza said.
They located two gunshot victims and one stabbing victim, and took them all to area hospitals. All three victims were expected to survive, Cardoza said.
The scene was "kind of chaotic," and deputies are still working to determine what happened. No arrest have been made in the case.
Anyone with information on the case is asked to call sheriff's investigators at (408) 808-4500. Those wishing to remain anonymous can call (408) 808-4431.
ABC7 News contributed to this report.
shooting, santa clara county, san francisco 49ers, south bay news
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead'
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- Dozens hurt after London theater partially collapsed
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Robertson's hiatus
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Report says bullying of American-Islamic kids on rise
- 1 dead, dozens hurt in California bus crashes
- Seismic saddles in place on new Bay Bridge
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla
- 7 On Your Side looks into Lyft's donation policy
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos