South Bay News
Priest attack jury finishes 1st full day of deliberations
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- Jurors Tuesday completed their first full day of deliberations in the trial of a man accused of beating a priest who he said molested him as a child.
William Lynch is charged with felony assault and elder abuse for attacking Father Jerold Lindner at a retirement home for priests in 2010. The defense has argues for an acquittal, saying Lynch did not cause Lindner great bodily harm and furthermore that his actions were justified.
The prosecution, which has admitted that Lindner did molest Lynch as a child, says vigilantism cannot be tolerated.
Jury deliberations will resume Thursday morning.
san jose, crime, sex crimes, sex offender, trials, religion, los gatos, south bay news, karina rusk
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead'
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Garbage truck fatally strikes man in Tenderloin
- Car crashes into San Jose home this morning 3 min ago
- SFFD battle 1-alarm blaze near the Panhandle
- San Jose charity 3,000 short of toy distribution goal
- '628' area code to begin in '415' region in 2015
- VIRAL VIDEO: Oscars® Trailer: Ellen... 6 min ago
- abcnews: Dancing doctor gets tickets to Beyonce show
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: CPUC fines PG&E; Homeless memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos