South Bay News
Police dog goes missing in Roseville
SANTA CLARA, Calif. (KGO) -- Santa Clara police hope one of their police dogs will come home after being startled by Fourth of July fireworks.
Five-year-old Ivo lives at the home of his human partner in Roseville. The 72-pound German shepherd jumped over a backyard fence after his partner let him out for a few minutes Wednesday night. The sound of fireworks appears to have startled him.
Santa Clara and Roseville police officers both spent Thursday searching for Ivo.
Police want anyone who sees the dog to call them and keep an eye on him until officers arrive.
animal, animals in peril, santa clara, 4th of july, south bay news
- Four people in the South Bay die due to cold weather
- Cal students led move toward divestment 32 min ago
- Security guard captures driver who hit cop
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- North Korea deports elderly Palo Alto man
- Man suspected of throwing 2 cats into bay arrested
- Bay Area family competing in national Christmas light competition
- Make-A-Wish, Macy's team up to help Daly City girl
- New option studied for treating back pain
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- GET FREE STUFF: Dog bow tie; makeup
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Teen struck in crosswalk; EPA shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday