South Bay News
Overnight fire engulfs Saratoga home
SARATOGA, Calif. (KGO) -- Santa Clara County firefighters extinguished an overnight fire that broke out in Saratoga on Via Monte Drive.
It took firefighters about an hour to put the fire out. Multiple calls came in to 911 around 2:15 a.m. Firefighters are just starting to investigate, but they think it may have started in the garage. Firefighters said when they arrived on the scene the home was almost fully engulfed. The fire had spread to the attic and to a tree in the front.
Crews are not sure if the building will collapse because it was vacant and under construction.
"Our safety officer has cordoned off the front corner of the building because there is collapse potential and we make sure the firefighters know that. We work with the safety officer to get the hotspots and it just kind of slows down the process when you can't get right inside and fight from underneath," said Santa Clara County Battalion Chief Carol Miller.
No homes in the neighborhood were evacuated because there was almost no wind and the home is on a large lot. No injuries were reported.
saratoga, fire, south bay news
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead' 14 min ago
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- Dozens hurt after London theater partially collapsed
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Robertson's hiatus
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Report says bullying of American-Islamic kids on rise
- 1 dead, dozens hurt in California bus crashes
- Elderly woman punched in SF purse snatching
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla
- 7 On Your Side looks into Lyft's donation policy 20 min ago
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- 7 On Your Side looks into Lyft's donation...
20 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos