South Bay News
Some residents unhappy with color of new SJ library
SAN JOSE, calif. (KGO) -- Yellow's apparently not so mellow in one west San Jose neighborhood.
Some residents are unhappy that's the color of the new $7.5 million Calabazas branch library on Blaney Avenue in San Jose. The design went through a community process, but the anti yellow faction says the yellow they signed off on wasn't as bright.
"Well it was kind of shocking. It really stands out. You know, maybe in a negative way," said library neighbor Chuck Johnson.
The city councilman representing the library's district is conducting a poll on whether to repaint. So far 44 percent want a charcoal and grey library, only 19 percent want to keep it yellow.
san jose, south bay news
- BART, union leaders reach new contract deal
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- St. Anthony's holds annual Curbside Donation Drive 57 min ago
- Two injured in shooting near San Jose State University 31 min ago
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Fresno police seek suspects in teacher's shooting 11 min ago
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday