South Bay News
SJ church holding fundraiser to replace stolen instruments
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- A South Bay church will hold a fundraiser Thursday evening in hopes of raising enough money to replace $25,000 in stolen musical instruments.
Thieves stole the instruments from Our Lady of Guadalupe Parish on July 3. The pastor says young people at the church spent countless hours fundraising so they could buy the instruments and play them before mass every week.
You can help by attending the fundraiser, which will be held at the church located at 2020 East San Antonio Street in San Jose tonight at 7 p.m. The church will hold a mini mariachi festival and the pastor will make his famous tacos.
san jose, crime, south bay news
- Water main break floods Castro Valley neighborhood
- Four people in the South Bay die due to cold weather
- North Korea deports elderly Palo Alto man
- Cal students led move toward divestment
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- Local schools race to keep up with technology
- Man suspected of throwing 2 cats into bay arrested
- Make-A-Wish, Macy's team up to help Daly City girl
- New option studied for treating back pain
- SF man calls 7 On Your Side to help in luggage mixup
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Teen struck in crosswalk; EPA shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday