South Bay News
Police investigate internet meet up turned robbery
SUNNYVALE, Calif. -- Police are investigating an Internet meet up that resulted in a residential robbery in Sunnyvale on Monday.
Police have apprehended two of three possible suspects in connection with a robbery in the 100 block of Florence Street and are continuing to search for a third suspect.
At approximately 3:40 p.m. Monday, police responded to the report of a robbery in the 100 block of Florence Street.
Officers witnessed two suspects fleeing the scene on foot.
Police were able to apprehend one suspect immediately, but had to set up a perimeter and utilize K-9 units to track the second suspect. Police found the second suspect almost three hours later hiding in the bushes of a neighboring property.
The third suspect is believed to be a woman and was possibly seen leaving the area in a vehicle, police said.
Sunnyvale police detectives discovered the male victim was acquainted with the suspect through an Internet contact and had arranged to meet the female suspect at his residence, police said.
When the female suspect arrived at the residence, the two other suspects accompanied her and carried out the robbery, police said. The victim was not injured during the incident and all stolen property has been recovered, police said.
Detectives are working on identifying the female suspect and working with local agencies to see if there have been similar robberies in the region.
Anyone with information regarding this robbery is asked to call Det. Fabian Monge at (408) 730-7501 or TDD (408) 730-7501. Information may also be given anonymously through SVTIPtipnow.org.
sunnyvale, crime, internet, south bay news
- Two dead after apartment building fire in SF
- Police arrest suspect accused of setting fire to station
- Teen girl found in Berkeley says she was kidnapped
- Local teen gets Bryan Cranston's help in promposal
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Woman struck by cab in downtown San Francisco
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side
- Florida school board member wants parent dress code
- SF leaders to announce plan to deal with "420" events
- Woman attempting run from San Francisco to New York
- California home prices surge in March; sales fall 50 min ago
- VIRAL VIDEO: "World's toughest job" interview
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos