South Bay News
Police investigate internet meet up turned robbery
SUNNYVALE, Calif. -- Police are investigating an Internet meet up that resulted in a residential robbery in Sunnyvale on Monday.
Police have apprehended two of three possible suspects in connection with a robbery in the 100 block of Florence Street and are continuing to search for a third suspect.
At approximately 3:40 p.m. Monday, police responded to the report of a robbery in the 100 block of Florence Street.
Officers witnessed two suspects fleeing the scene on foot.
Police were able to apprehend one suspect immediately, but had to set up a perimeter and utilize K-9 units to track the second suspect. Police found the second suspect almost three hours later hiding in the bushes of a neighboring property.
The third suspect is believed to be a woman and was possibly seen leaving the area in a vehicle, police said.
Sunnyvale police detectives discovered the male victim was acquainted with the suspect through an Internet contact and had arranged to meet the female suspect at his residence, police said.
When the female suspect arrived at the residence, the two other suspects accompanied her and carried out the robbery, police said. The victim was not injured during the incident and all stolen property has been recovered, police said.
Detectives are working on identifying the female suspect and working with local agencies to see if there have been similar robberies in the region.
Anyone with information regarding this robbery is asked to call Det. Fabian Monge at (408) 730-7501 or TDD (408) 730-7501. Information may also be given anonymously through SVTIPtipnow.org.
sunnyvale, crime, internet, south bay news
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday