South Bay News
DA will not re-file charges against Lynch in priest beating case
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- The Santa Clara County district attorney formally announced Friday that misdemeanor charges will not be re-filed against a man accused of beating a priest.
On July 5, a jury found William Lynch not guilty of felony assault and elder abuse charges in the attack on retired Catholic priest Jerold Lindner two years ago.
Lynch says that Lindner sexually abused him and his brother when they were young children.
The jurors could not agree on a misdemeanor assault charge.
san jose, crime, sex crimes, sex offender, trials, religion, los gatos, south bay news
- SF officials prepare for 102nd Bay to Breakers race
- Albany residents protest return of Occupy activists
- Suspicious package in Livermore prompts evacuation
- Konig wins 7th stage, van Garderen retains lead
- Pacers knock out Knicks with 106-99 win in Game 6
- Milone's long skid ends as A's beat Royals
- Chatwood leads Rockies past Giants 10-2
- Teen dies after refusing to give iPad to thieves
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- San Jose man arrested for alleged road rage attack
- Miami Heat player surprises student at prom
- abcnews: Men Struggle With Wives' Breast Cancer
- roundup: America's Cup race; Murder charges
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos