South Bay News
DA will not re-file charges against Lynch in priest beating case
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- The Santa Clara County district attorney formally announced Friday that misdemeanor charges will not be re-filed against a man accused of beating a priest.
On July 5, a jury found William Lynch not guilty of felony assault and elder abuse charges in the attack on retired Catholic priest Jerold Lindner two years ago.
Lynch says that Lindner sexually abused him and his brother when they were young children.
The jurors could not agree on a misdemeanor assault charge.
san jose, crime, sex crimes, sex offender, trials, religion, los gatos, south bay news
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- San Francisco officer injured in crash after pursuit
- Confirmed death toll in ferry disaster climbs to 36
- Strong earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- Crews search for person after boat accident in Brentwood 50 min ago
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Brother of man killed by drunk driver throws first pitch 1 min ago
- Young Oakland woman dies at Coachella music fest
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter 27 min ago
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday