South Bay News
DA will not re-file charges against Lynch in priest beating case
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- The Santa Clara County district attorney formally announced Friday that misdemeanor charges will not be re-filed against a man accused of beating a priest.
On July 5, a jury found William Lynch not guilty of felony assault and elder abuse charges in the attack on retired Catholic priest Jerold Lindner two years ago.
Lynch says that Lindner sexually abused him and his brother when they were young children.
The jurors could not agree on a misdemeanor assault charge.
san jose, crime, sex crimes, sex offender, trials, religion, los gatos, south bay news
- Pres. Obama mourns death of icon Nelson Mandela 1 min ago
- Audit finds BART police make progress in reforms
- Teen found murdered in 1994 ID'd as Pacifica girl
- Third day ends without finding missing SJ CEO
- Frigid temperatures grip Bay Area, break records
- Officer-involved shooting shuts down I-5
- Batkid returning to SF for fundraising walk
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for wage hikes
- Wendy's worker arrested after hiding pot in burger 33 min ago
- At 50, new-look Mustang still has plenty of muscle
- FBI seeks 'Sports Cap Bandit' bank robbery suspect
- abcnews: Who's getting early Oscar buzz?
- roundup: Batkid back in SF; Fremont burglar
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday